This is interesting, apparently Mayor Ron Huldai is on board so it's not just a silly petition.
Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai is joining thousands of Israelis who are calling on US President Barack Obama to speak at the city's Rabin Square. "Like many others, I too am excited by the news of the upcoming visit of President Barak Obama in Israel," he wrote on his Facebook page. ... One of the people behind the initiative is Peace Now Secretary-General Yariv Oppenheimer who said that there "is a significant voice in the Israeli public that needs to be heard." He hopes that with tens of thousands of likes the page would attract the attention of world media "and perhaps even Obama himself."
The right wasn't going to let that go, so they created a rival Facebook group: Obama, come to Samaria (northern West Bank). They "want" him to speak on top of Har Kvir (a mountain in the region), and say "We have the right to live"
From there, the trolling began:
- Obama come to Shabbat Square and exempt the Charedim from the IDF
- Obame come to "Muksha" on Purim: Don't fall for the trap in Rabin Square, stay away from there, and come enjoy some truly good-times with me.
- Obama come to "I am a leftist and I also have no sense of humor
- Obama come home with me and listen to some records
- Obama come play basketball in Shefayim (a kibbutz) on Friday: it's all well and good to give a talk in Rabin Square, but to play basketball in Shefayim on Friday would be OFF THE HOOK! Only basketball will bring peace
- And perhaps the best one, Obama come to Bnei Brak and help make a minyan at the Itzkovitch Synagogue